03 November 2010

New blog...new focus...

If for some random reason you happen to be reading this, welcome!

I've taken a sabbatical, albeit unintentional, from blogging for a few months and thought I'd pick it back up again with a renewed focus: expounding on the Wesleyan theological heritage, from which I come. I've come to develop a deep appreciate for the Anglican roots of our Methodist movement/tradition (hence the name for the blog) and this will likely be manifest in what follows in the posts of the next days, weeks, months, etc.

Working on a doctoral thesis means that the frequency of my posting will be intermittent so if you follow, please be patient with me. I have other commitments that I won't neglect: primarily to my family (wife & 2 children, ages 3 & 1), deadlines for my project, work, and of course, sleep.

Where you think I'm wrong, let me know, but please be gentle and I will happily dialogue with you.

To give you a foretaste of what's (likely) coming...

The atonement theology (both explicit & implicit) in John Wesley's thought will ever be a significant theme, seeing that it is the topic of my thesis.

Wrestling with the notion of baptismal regeneration. Is this a viable option for Evangelical Protestants, in general, or Methodists (like myself), in particular?

In a related stream: sacramental theology. This is an important issue that we (as Methodists) must develop and converse with one another about as we grow in this vital part of the life of the Church.

Much more, I anticipate, will come to mind and heart...so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment